1 cup rice (uncooked)
2 tbsps. Oil
2 minced Garlic cloves
1 chopped white onion
2 chopped Plum tomatoes
1 can of Tomato sauce
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
1 tbsps. Chili Powder
• Take a heavy skillet, add oil to it and let it heat.
• Now add rice and stir it over medium to high heat until they start turning into brown color.
• Add garlic and onion to the rice and sauté them with rice until onion turns brown in color.
• Now add tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, salt and chili powder to the rice. Keep stirring and bring it to a boil. Cover with a lid and cook on low heat
• Now simmer the above rice mixture for about 20 to 25 minutes till all the liquid is absorbed.
• Remove the rice mixture from the heat and allow it to sit covered for 5 minutes. The steam will evenly cook the rice.
• Serve it hot with lemon juice!